The Historic Town Center in Nacogdoches

Picture of the Historic Town Center in Nacogdoches, Texas

The Historic Town Center in Nacogdoches


The Historic Town Center is located on the public square in downtown Nacogdoches.
Originally the Federal Building constructed in the classical revival style in 1918, it
housed the post office and later the Nacogdoches Public Library until 1999 when it
became the city's Visitor Information Center. The public square or "Plaza Principal"
was the site of the Battle of Nacogdoches in 1832, an early struggle in the movement
for Texas Independence. On the eastern terrace stands the statue of Gil Y'Barbo, the
founder of the City of Nacogdoches.


(Next Picture: Mural in Historic Town Center)
(First Picture: Historic Town Center)
(View Main Text Outline)
(View Main Thumbnails)
(Sources)
(Folk Culture)
(Scenes from the Sacul Folk Festival)
(Scenes from the Multicultural Festival)
(Images, Displays, Reflections in Downtown Historic Nacogdoches)
(Mize Azalea Garden)
(The Magnolia Collection of Mize Azalea Garden)
(The Shade Garden at Stephen F. Austin University)
(La Nana Creek Trail)
(Autumn Colors at the Pineywoods Native Plant Center)
(Gayla Mize Garden and the SFA Recreational Trails)
(Pecan Acres Park on a Foggy Winter Morning)
(Banita Park North)
(Landmarks)
(Pictures of Chireno, Texas)
(Pictures of Cushing, Texas)
(Landscapes)
(Forms and Lines in the Architectures of Heavy Industry)
(Monuments of Oak Grove Cemetery)
(Monument inscriptions at Oak Grove Cemetery)
(Rural and Community Churches in Historic Nacogdoches County, Texas)
(Pictures from the Shawnee District of Historic Nacogdoches)
(View Main Thumbnails)
(Last Picture: Sunset)