The Eugene H. Blount Home in Historic Nacogdoches

Picture of Eugene H. Blount Home in Nacogdoches

The Eugene H. Blount Home in Historic Nacogdoches

This magnificent Classical Revival structure at 1801 North Street in La Calle Historic
District was built for Eugene H. Blount by Nacogdoches architect Diedrich A. Rulfs
in 1923 and sits on the original homestead of Texas Patriot Thomas J. Rusk. A
Texas Commemorative Monument at the corner of the property reads as follows:


SITE OF THE HOME
THOMAS J. RUSK
1803--1857
SOLDIER--STATESMAN OF THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS
A HERO OF SAN JACINTO
COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE ARMY 1836
CHIEF JUSTICE OF THE SUPREME COURT, 1839
PRESIDENT OF THE CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION, 1845
UNITED STATES SENATOR, 1846
HE CALLED NACOGDOCHES HIS HOME FROM 1835 TO 1857


(Next Picture: Old North Church)
(Outline)
(Thumbnails)