Big Rock Pentecostal Church in Historic Nacogdoches County

Big Rock Pentecostal Church in Historic Nacogdoches County

Big Rock Pentecostal Church in Historic Nacogdoches County



Big Rock Pentecostal Church was established in 1926 by Rev. A. J. Nichols who was
minister to the church until his death in 1978. This is the original Building
constructed around 1929 on CR 872, the Looneyville Road, which connects
Looneyville and Sacul, Texas. The Church, now inactive, was named after the large unusual
rocks that sit on a fork in the road where it was constructed. One of these large rocks,
just behind the upright Memorial Stone that is seen beneath the A. J. Nichols building,
has an inscription carved on it. The text on the granite Memorial Stone reads:

BIG ROCK CHURCH
IN LOVING MEMORY OF
REV. A. J. NICHOLS
BORN SEPT. 19, 1904
HE ESTABLISHED BIG ROCK
CHURCH SEPT. 26, 1926 AND
PASTORED THIS CHURCH
UNTIL HIS DEATH
AUG. 14, 1978

ERECTED BY HIS MANY FRIENDS



(Next Picture: Bonita United Methodist Church)

(Church Thumbnails)

(Main Outline)

(Main Thumbnails)