Corinth Primitive Baptist Church at Appleby, Texas in Historic Nacogdoches County
PRIMITIVE BAPTIST CHURCH
The present Corinth Primitive Baptist Church building was constructed in 1955 but
the church was organized in 1838 out of the "Old North Baptist Church" which,
as a consequence of divisions occurring in the 1840 to 1860 period,
went on to become the "Missionary Baptists" as opposed to the "Old School"
group that continued traditional doctrines and came to be known as Primitive Baptists.15