First Baptist Church of Douglass, Texas in Historic Nacogdoches County
The First Baptist Church of Douglass, Texas was founded in 1869 and is located on U.S. Hwy. 21. West in Douglass.
In 1837 an earlier church, which consisted of only eight members, was built on a land grant known as Cook's Settlement in the
Douglass area. Later a Union Church shared by Presbyterians, Methodists and Baptists was located near
the cemetery and faced the Old San Antonio Road.15