Melrose Baptist Church in Historic Nacogdoches County
Melrose Baptist Church is located on Hwy. 21 East and County Road 331 in Melrose, Texas.
Known Earlier as Melrose Providence Baptist Church, it was established in 1851 on land
that was part of a park given by Dr. T. J. Johnson for both the Baptist and the Methodist
churches. The Melrose Baptist Church Cemetery is also known as the Lower Melrose Cemetery.