Nat Baptist Church in Historic Nacogdoches County
Nat Baptist Church is located 14 miles northwest of Nacogdoches on Farm Road 343 at the
crossroads of County Roads 849 and 839. It was organized in 1919 with 14 members. The
Church and the Community are named after Nathan (Nat) Jarrell who became the first
postmaster in 1895. Originally Known as Crossroads, after the Crossroads Cumberland
Presbyterian Church, Nat was settled in the 1814--1820 period and by 1895 had a
population of 1700.1 In 2000 the population was twenty-five. Nat Cemetery is located
across the Road from the Church on Texas Farm Road 343.