Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church in Historic Nacogdoches County
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, located near Chireno off Hwy. 21 East and on C.R. 353
(Catholic Church Road), is a mission of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tyler, Texas. Our Lady
of Lourdes Cemetery is across the Road from the Church and was founded in 1862. The separate
external Founding Stone in Front of the Church reads:
NOV. 10, 1991
IN COMMEMORATION OF THE 65TH
ANNIVERSARY OF THE FIRST CHAPEL OF
OUR LADY OF LOURDES
AND THE 5OTH ANNIVERSARY
OF OUR PRESENT CHAPEL
REV. MSG. MILAM J. JOSEPH, V. G.
FATHER RONALD GROSCHEN, M. S.
IN MEMEORY OF
CLIFTON AND KATHERINE CORDOVA