Trawick Presbyterian Church in Historic Nacogdoches County
Trawick Presbyterian Church is located on Texas State Hwy. 204 in Northwest Nacogdoches County.
The community and the church are named after John R. Trawick who furnished land for the townsite around
1900. In 1914 there was a Methodist and a Presbyterian Church and by 1929 there was a post office, lumbermill
cotton gin, physician and a population of 300. The collapse of the cotton industry, the great depression,
and the end of World War II saw the decline of Trawick and the closing of the few remaining businesses.
Today there are around 100 people in the area along with the Trawick Presbyterian Church.1