Walnut Grove Baptist in Historic Nacogdoches County
Walnut Grove Baptist Church is located in Northeast Nacogdoches County south of Camp Tonkawa
Road, (Texas Farm Road 1087), about half a mile down County Road 173. Walnut Grove Cemetery,
established in 1858, is on a hill East of the Church. The land for the church and the cemetery was
donated by John Q. A. Christopher in 1869.