A Photograph of the Old Town on Oak Street in Cushing, Texas

A Photograph of the Old Town in Cushing, Texas

A Photograph of the Old Town on Oak Street in Cushing, Texas


This View of the Old Town looks southeast to the south side of Oak Street between 7th and 6th on a
mid-afternoon special occasion, possibly on a Saturday. The first Building on far right without a Sign
on the front is Wortham General Merchandise. (1903). The sign on the second building from the right
reads Lone Star Drug Store which was operated by Frank Beall and Lucius Sharp. The 3rd building from
the right with a sign is Gage's Restaurant. The 4th building from the right without a Sign was John
Williamson's General Mdse. (1903) The 5th building under the tall tree was the Quill and Jarrell Meat
Market.
The sixth building (left of the tall tree) was J. D. Vawter and son General Mdse. Beyond this was
a furniture Store, Another General Merchandise, a Feed Store, and the Peterson Hotel. source18 You can see the
old well in center of Street with the small gable-top between the last two buildings. The Lone Star Drug Store
the old Well, and the Last visible building have a gable-shaped roof top but the rest of the structures are
T-shaped Frontier Style on their face. The Buildings of the Olde Town which were constructed in the early
1900's do not exist today.


(Next Picture: (Remnants of a Monument in Cushing, Texas)

(Cushing Outline)

(Cushing Thumbnails)

(Main Outline)

(Main Thumbnails)