Little Zion Baptist Church at 305 Shawnee St. in Historic Nacogdoches
Little Zion Baptist Church, located at 305 South Shawnee St., was established in 1905 with P.M. Rhodes as
the first Minister. It was first called Second Baptist Church but its name originates from the older Zion Hill
Baptist Church on Lanana St. The Current Building, dating from 1945, stands on a hill near the old E. J.
Campbell School and can be seen at a distance from University Drive. Current Minister is Rev. A. D. Mills.
The original white marble cornerstone reads:
(Next Picture: Little Zion Baptist Church Bell)